Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday morning errands

It's Monday morning, around 11 a.m. and my list is full of things to do today.
We fly out of D/FW airport tomorrow afternoon on our trip to Nigeria, so the clock is ticking away.
We arrived back in Rockwall yesterday morning around 11 a.m. after a long 13 hour drive. We were very pleased with our time, as we had predicted it would take at least 14 hours to make the trip from Iowa to Dallas.
It was an amazing trip overall. We saw 15 decisions made by folks in Branson, Missouri, seven or eight more the first night in Ottumwa, Iowa and another 15 or 16 the second and final night.
The Bible tells is that the angels rejoice when one sinner comes home. They were throwing some parties this weekend and it was an amazing blessing to be a part of it.
As I finish packing an running errands today, I'm reminded of a challenge a very close friend and supporter gave me last night, "Find at least one miracle a day and let us know about it."
So I'm going to do my best to meet that challenge.
Here are a few miracles I believe I've seen since leaving for Branson Wednesday night.
1. We arrived safely. It may not be that big of a deal, but when you consider how many accidents there are each day across the country and consider we're towing a two-ton wrestling ring behind a 15 passenger van and you consider all the distractions that could take place when you throw a bunch of testosterone in a small confined place, I think it's a widely unreported miracle that we arrived to each of our destinations. We also had a tire fall apart somewhere in the middle of Oklahoma, early Sunday morning, but God protected us and we were able to pull off the road and change it with no incident.
2. We managed to get our visas for Nigeria. I received an e-mail while I was in Iowa, passing along information that our visas had been secured. They group we're going with has had trouble securing visas every year since they started going, and I believe God had his hand in this one as well. We had a little help from a chance friend who was introduced to us by Texas Gov. Rick Perry. When he found out we were still waiting our visas he made a call and got the ball rolling. It's amazing to think about how God is so sovereign and puts in our places for "such a time as this."
The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' - Acts 17:24-28
3. I woke up almost 98% sore free this morning. When I consider I've been sore for nearly a week and a half, and consider the horrible positions I fell asleep in on our trip, its nice to wake up pain free. My only real soreness now is in my legs from playing catcher last Wednesday night and that's about worked itself out. Sure I had some help from my chiropractor Tim Lehmann, but God uses people to do His work. So I'm counting it as miracle number three.
Well I could probably keep typing, but then I'd get behind on my to-do list. So I better get back to work.
Thanks for your prayers and interest.
I'll post again soon, but it may be after we arrive in Nigeria on Wednesday.

No comments: