Friday, November 03, 2006

Update from Erin Rigsby

Erin Rigsby is a 2000 graduate of UMHB and has spent the last two years in Nigeria working with the boys at Guerro, TH and Gidan Bega. She's currently on furlough in the US and I plan to post her updates as I get them.
Please keep her and the boys and missionaries in your prayers.


“The kids have such joy in their faces.”
“How is John doing, the boy with depression?”
“What do I do to become a missionary?”

These are a few of the things I have heard during the past three months.
-- After seeing my DVD about Nigeria , numerous people have been touched by the joy in the eyes of the boys in Nigeria . These kids have every reason to be angry and bitter, yet they choose to be free and to trust in the Lord.
-- Prayer warriors have been interceding for John, who I told you all about 5 months ago. John is OK. From what I have heard, he still battles depression, yet has not been suicidal. I have been so blessed to know that people really pray for the boys by name. Check out the attached November prayer calendar! (If you have trouble viewing it, click 'view' and 'print layout')
-- How thrilled I am when someone shows an interest in serving God’s people overseas! One goal of being back in the States is to plant seeds of interest into people’s hearts.

September was an incredible, abundant, God-filled month! He just LOVES those kids in Nigeria ! He wants hundreds of people to hear about them and I get to be the spokesperson! I spent three weeks in Chicago and was able to share with a Chinese youth group, the Moody Church congregation, ten Sunday school’s, house groups, Moody Graduate School, individuals, kids in inner – city Chicago –- it was SO much fun!

PLEASE NOTE: At the end of November I will wrap up formal speaking engagements, with the exception of being available to speaking in Sunday School classes. I love sharing and being an advocate for the kids, but I am also getting tired and need some rest. :) If you were planning on asking me to speak in December, please understand. I have some open days in November and you are welcome to contact me.

I still plan on returning to Nigeria in January.

Check out the pics from the past 6 weeks: www.webmissions.net/erinrigsby/photos.html


Your partner in ministry,

Erin Rigsby
www.webmissions.net/erinrigsby
"I cannot change the world, but I can change the world for one person."
Mother Teresa

No comments: