Tuesday, October 03, 2006

One week down

It's Tuesday night at 8:22 p.m. Nigeria time.
It's been a full week since we left Dallas and tomorrow we will have been in Nigeria for a full week.
It's been a great time so far.
This morning we visited the Evangel Hospital and minister to some of the men and women who are being treated there. There are many women there who were taken in as very young women as wives of Nigerian men and then thrown out after a short time.
Many have had or are preparing to have surgeries to heal damage done by their husbands.
Before the women leave the hospital they have a graduation ceremony that teaches them various aspects in preparation for their new lives.
We also visited Gyero this afternoon and held a birthday party for the boys there.
They had a blast just like the boys at TH did.
And of course we were all blessed and touched by the boys while we were there.
Somehow or another a group of them decided to gang up on Rob and I and we "fought back" as they cornered us by one of the buildings.
I will definitely miss the kids when it's time to go. The boys like Sampson and Timothy all stole my heart.
Tomorrow we are planning to go to Blind Town and/or "Bad Boys" tomorrow. I haven't decided which outreach I will go on. Blind Town is an area full of lepers and blind men and women and bad boys is an area they've described as full of drunks and drug abusers.
I really want to see both and minister in both, but I'll have to decide between one or the other.
The weather here remains hot being so close to the equator, but it's nothing compared to a Texas summer. In the shade you often feel a cool breeze that makes the heat disappear.
We have found three or four locations we hope to use for CWF shows some time next year.
Everyone here loves wrestling and Rob has gotten challenges from everyone who say they want to wrestle him. They all expect to have a shot when we bring our ring and show over here.
I'm looking forward to another full week before we head back to Texas, but I miss all my friends and family and look forward to seeing each of you soon.I'm looking forward to another full week before we head back to Texas, but I miss all my friends and family and look forward to seeing each of you soon.
God bless and may the peace of God be with you.

No comments: